Lemon Garlic Humus is the perfect on-the-go protein filled spread. It is flavored with garlic, lemon juice, and lemon essential oils for extra flavor.
Makes about 2 cups
• 1 ½ cup dry garbanzo beans
• 1 cup water
• 1 TBS minced garlic
• 3 TBS olive oil
• 1 TBS lemon juice
• 10 drops dōTERRA Lemon essential oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• dried lemon basil (or other herbs of your choice)
• Add dry garbanzo beans to water making sure there is plenty to cover the beans.
• Bring to a boil for a few minutes, then simmer for 1-3 hours checking throughout.
• Once the beans are soft when you bite into them, pour into blender/food processor and blend with rest of ingredients until smooth.
• Top with dried herbs.
Recipe by The Amateur Essential Oil Chef. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use images without prior permission. If you’d like to publish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND credit back, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!