I love Gingersnaps and with this Orange Clove Icing, I love them even more! They are flavored with the same essential oils used to make All-Natural Chai Tea and I think they pair nicely with our Chai Tea recipe and a warm blanket anytime it's chilly out. Don't you?!
Makes 4 dozen cookies
• 3⁄4 cup shortening • 1 cup brown sugar • 1 egg • 1⁄4 cup molasses • 1 drop dōTERRA cinnamon essential oil
• 1 drop dōTERRA ginger essential oil • 1 drop dōTERRA clove essential oil • 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour • 2 tsp baking soda • 1⁄4 tsp salt
• Granulated sugar
• Mix wet ingredients together thoroughly, carefully adding 1 drop each of essential oil.
• Blend in remaining dry ingredients (except for sugar). Cover and chill for 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 375* degrees. Roll into small balls and dip tops into granulated sugar. Place on greased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
Bake cookies and top with icing if desired!
Orange Clove Icing
• 1 cup organic powdered sugar
• ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
• 4 tsp milk
• 1 drop dōTERRA clove essential oil
• 2 drops dōTERRA wild orange essential oil
• Carefully add drops of essential oils to liquid the milk and vanilla.
• Mix with powdered sugar until smooth, making sure there are no clumps in sugar.
Recipe by The Amateur Essential Oil Chef. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use images without prior permission. If you’d like to publish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit back, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you!
Essential Oil Fun Fact: Did you know Ginger can help with a tender throat? Simply ad 1-2 drops dōTERRA ginger oil to 1 cup water or juice and gargle or drink.